North Hill Private School was co- founded in 1996 by educator, Doriana Velardo, and is a co-educational, non-denominational school, governed by the Ministry of Education. Since it’s inauguration, at the original Richmond Hill campus, North Hill has grown and now operates in Vaughan at its Woodbridge Campus. North Hill Private School offers an innovative program that combines the Montessori Method of education along with the Reggio Emilia Project Approach.
We have been proudly serving the community of York Region for 20 years.
North Hill Private School is a unique environment where students engage in intellectual and artistic learning experiences that “promote thinking and excite the imagination”. Our vision is to facilitate student’s social, intellectual, emotional, physical, and creative development through ‘hands on, and minds on’ learning experiences. Our advanced, enriched curriculum (one to two years ahead of the Ontario curriculum) integrates a well-balanced arts and academic program.
- North Hill Private School represents the following:
- Established school since 1996, with a loyal clientele and a 95 percent referral rate
- A beautiful school, designed and built with the director’s guidance including: bright, spacious classrooms, gymnasium, library, in-house kitchen, in addition to a large and completely enclosed playground with play scape, surrounded by forested area
- An innovative, dynamic program, internationally recognized, emphasizing a balance between the Arts and Academics
- A healthy, clean, safe and nurturing environment where students develop in an atmosphere that supports individualized learning and progress
- A program that includes: Language Arts, Mathematics, utilizing the Montessori Method, and project work, inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach, integrating all subject areas, social studies, science, visual arts, drama, music, and physical education
- Age appropriate social development with an emphasis on positive discipline and appropriate behaviour; a strict behaviour Policy
- Programs for students 18 months to 12 years (Toddler to Grade 6)
- Flexible half & full day programs – 2 day, 3 day and 5 days (depending upon grade level)
- Experienced, qualified teaching staff with a dedicated, low teacher turnover
- Before and after school care included in tuition fees
- Organic produce (when available) and hot, wholesome lunches and snacks made on premises, ALL included in tuition fees
- Nut-safe policy with strict guidelines; accommodating allergic intolerances and cultural restrictions